Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stage 1 with partner

Stage 1 with Partner
Immigration Unit
Kim Fuller
3/10/09

This process was very easy for us as we have a friendship and professional connection that has existed for about 15 years. I am fortunate that my partner, our music teacher, has an impressive background in performing arts and cultural education. She has taught in diverse settings and has many opportunities for professional development. Currently she is applying for a grant so she can study in New York City this summer.
This experience was very collaborative and I found she has so much to offer that as a leader, I recognized her skill level and worked with her to gain more knowledge myself. As a leader, it is important to acknowledge others in your school who bring so much experience and knowledge to the table already and to utilize their talent when developing new curriculum or anything else within a school setting.
Collaboration inspires and excites me so this process helped me see the unit from her perspective. We created the stage 1 outline and we talked about the technology piece and how we will incorporate that into the unit. At this point, we decided on our topics and she will be looking through her resources to see what will work with our students.

No comments:

Post a Comment